The Top Robotic Cleaners In 2021
If you are a pool owner, you already know you can’t take your pool’s maintenance lightly. For sparkly and clean pool water, you need to put in regular effort to save it from debris, algae, and other such contaminants.
But why would you want to spend your weekends doing the mind-numbing job of cleaning your pool instead of enjoying a dip in it? Well, thanks to robotic pool cleaners, you don’t have to.
With the breakneck speed at which the swimming pool industry is progressing, robotic pool cleaners are becoming quite the norm to keep your pool water clear. But while these cleaners can save you the headache of cleaning your pool yourself, it can be quite daunting to pick one out of the countless options available.
Worry not, we have rounded up the best robotic pool cleaners in 2021 and compared their pros and cons to help you choose the best one for your pool.
Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior - Best For Above-Ground Pools
The majority of robotic pool cleaners are designed keeping in-ground pools in mind. But Aquabot Pool Rover Junior is an excellent choice for homeowners with an above-ground pool. The self-propelled cleaner can cover up to 5,400 square feet per hour. The cleaning cycle can take anywhere between 2 and 3 hours. The Junior boasts of an easy filtration system that can filter the smallest of particles (2 microns nominal). It uses a 24-volt pump motor that provides jet-drive propulsion and vacuum suction.
- The robotic cleaner shuts off after two hours to preserve energy.
- The Junior has a full plug-and-play operation.
- The cleaner can move over uneven surfaces because of its non-marring wheels.
- Compared to other robotic cleaners, Aquabot APRJVR Pool Rover Junior helps you cut down on maintenance costs. Additionally, it allows you to use fewer chemicals in the water.
- If there is a need to replace the motor, it can be quite an expensive affair.
- The robotic pool cleaner’s structure is not as durable compared to other cleaners.
- You can’t clean pool walls with this robotic cleaner.
Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler - The Most Energ-Efficient Pool Cleaner
Pentair is not only known for meeting but exceeding the expectations of pool owners worldwide. Both an in-ground and above-ground cleaner, it weighs 45 pounds and has dimensions of 19x19x23, 5 inches. Plus, it comes with a wireless remote which lets you clean your pool spotlessly in about 2.5 hours.
- It is one of the most eco-friendly and energy-efficient robotic pool cleaners.
- With two speed settings, it can clean an average-sized pool very quickly.
- The cleaner does not get stuck on stairs or pool corners.
- The process of changing and filtering the cartridge is quick and easy.
- The robotic cleaner is built using high-quality materials that make it a highly durable option.
- The cleaner requires regular maintenance to function optimally.
- Cleaning vertical surfaces can be quite troublesome as the robotic cleaner weighs a lot.
- The manual has insufficient information about how to use the wireless remote system. So, you may need to rely on an expert to help you here.
- The robotic cleaner can be rough on textured surfaces.
Polaris F9350 Sport Robotic in-Ground Cleaner
Gentle on the surfaces but does the job well, the Polaris F9350 Sport Robotic model fits the bill to the T and is considered safe for all pool surfaces with its Aqua-Track tires. It uses ActivMotion Sensor Technology to clean the pool efficiently from one end to the other, not leaving out any tight spaces.
- The robotic pool cleaner is compatible with several apps for manual control.
- It works superbly well at sharp pool corners and does not get stuck.
- It boasts of a tangle-free cable system that most pool owners are bound to fall in love with.
- You can expect excellent mobility from the robotic cleaner thanks to its four-wheel drive system.
- If you have some budget constraints, this cleaner may not fit in your range as it can be quite costly compared to its other counterparts.
- Polaris F9350 Sport Robotic cleaner can be quite bulky to move around.
- The robotic pool cleaner is only available for below-ground pools.
OT-QOMOTOP Cordless Robotic Cleaner - Best Value
If you have a budget constraint, OT-QOMOTOP is a good budget option for flat-bottomed and smaller pools. Provided the floor isn’t deeper than 6.6 feet and the slope isn’t more than 15 degrees, it can vacuum efficiently up to 860 square feet of the pool floor. The powerful robotic cleaner is cordless and can run on a 5000-mAh battery for up to 90 minutes. Since it is cordless, you can retrieve it from the pool floor with an attached tow rope.
- The robotic pool cleaner is easy to clean and maintain.
- It boasts of an excellent suction performance that most pool owners look for when selecting a pool cleaner.
- The filtration system that OT-QOMOTOP comes with is unmatched, making the job of keeping your pool clean hassle-free.
- The charging time for the pool cleaner is high.
- It cannot clean walls above 15-degree slopes.
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Cleaner - Best Overall
This is undoubtedly one of the best-performing robotic pool cleaners with features such as large cartridge filters and a variable cleaning schedule. Dolphin claims the robotic cleaner is eight times more energy-efficient compared to other cleaners in a similar range. This high-quality product is a clear winner due to its powerful suction and cleaning cycle time of about two hours. Dolphin Nautilus relies on its own power supply to climb your pool walls and motor around your pool instead of burdening your skimmer system. This makes it a favorite of many pool owners.
- It works on both walls and floors, saving you the labor of manually scrubbing or vacuuming surfaces.
- The cleaner is easy to set up and operate.
- It is the most suitable cleaner for larger swimming pools as it comes with a 50-feet cable and powerful robot and advanced technology.
- The anti-swivel cable can help prevent tangles.
- The robotic pool cleaner may need multiple cleaning cycles for a perfectly clean pool.
- You need to be willing to shell large amounts from your pockets for this robotic cleaner.
Robotic Pool Cleaners make it easy to maintain your pool without you having to break your back now and then. Depending on the size, type, and features of your pool, you can select a robotic pool cleaner that best fits your need. These auto gadgets ensure your pool is hygienic and swim-ready all year round. With the wide range of robotic pool cleaners available today, it is natural to get confused. We hope this guide could shed some light on the options available to you.
If you have more pool-related queries, you can give us a call. We would be happy to help you. Or, if you are looking for a fibreglass pool installation in your backyard, feel free to explore our catalogue of models or hit us up for a quote.